National Cybersecurity Student Association Chapter
The National Cybersecurity Student Association (NCSA) encourages the educational and professional development of cybersecurity students through activities, networking, and collaboration. NCSA strives to inspire career awareness and promote creative efforts by cultivating a national community that supports students in their cybersecurity endeavors. This group facilitates opportunities to mature in the cybersecurity field through extracurricular activities, career development, mentoring, and keeping in the forefront of cybersecurity trends. By creating a local NCSA chapter at Excelsior University, we will focus on community building among cybersecurity professionals within Excelsior community.
The purpose of the NCSA chapter organization is:
- To increase awareness about the importance of security.
- To increase awareness about security careers and opportunities for students.
- To help connect members with workplace professionals by hosting speakers, attending conferences, and touring cybersecurity and forensic labs.
- To promote, through the publication and distribution of literature, upcoming activities to NCSA chapter members, students of Excelsior University, and other participants.
- To help mentor and train students to participate and compete in cyber competitions
- To provide a support group for students majoring in cybersecurity, information technology, and related fields.
- To help members network with peers and security professionals.
Code of Ethics Preamble (Source: (ISC)2 Code of Ethics)
Safety of the commonwealth, duty to our principals, and to each other requires that we adhere, and be seen to adhere, to the highest ethical standards of behavior. Therefore, strict adherence to this code is a condition of laboratory admission. Each member of the NCSA chapter must sign an individual White Hat Agreement.
Code of Ethics Canons:
- Protect society, the commonwealth, and the infrastructure.
- Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
- Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
- Advance and protect the profession.
Additional Guidance in Furtherance of These Goals:
- Promote and preserve public trust and confidence in information and systems.
- Promote the understanding and acceptance of prudent information security measures.
- Preserve and strengthen the integrity of the public infrastructure.
- Discourage unsafe practice.
Join the Excelsior University Chapter of the National Cybersecurity Student Association
Excelsior University NCSA chapter membership is open to:
- Students enrolled in any of these programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Faculty members teaching in any of the above programs are also welcome and encouraged to join.
Use the button below (MyExcelsior login required) to self-enroll in our NCSA chapter hosted in Canvas. Once enrolled, chapter access will appear on your Canvas dashboard.
Join the NCSA Chapter
By joining, you agree to abide by the NCSA’s ethical standards and code of conduct:
- Harassment is unwelcome or hostile behavior, including speech that intimidates, creates discomfort, or interferes with a person’s participation or opportunity for participation, in a conference, event or program. Harassment in any form, including but not limited to harassment based on alienage or citizenship, age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin, pregnancy, childbirth- and pregnancy-related medical conditions, race, religion, sex, gender, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by laws in which the chapter meeting or chapter event is being held, will not be tolerated. Harassment includes the use of abusive or degrading language, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, sexual imagery and unwelcome sexual attention. A response that the participant was “just joking,” or “teasing,” or being “playful,” will not be accepted.
- Anyone witnessing or subject to unacceptable behavior should notify a chapter officer, NCSA Advisory Board, Excelsior University staff or faculty.
- Individuals violating these standards may be sanctioned or excluded from further participation at the discretion of the chapter officers or responsible committee member.