Health Care Management - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for MBA (Health Care Management)
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA (Health Care Management) Dual Degree
With the growth of nuclear medicine and other innovative technologies, the intersection between nuclear engineering and health care continues to expand.
Demand is high for personnel who have expertise in both specialties. You can help meet this need in the job market by earning an online Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for MBA (Health Care Management concentration) from Excelsior College.
A national leader in adult education since 1971, Excelsior combines superior academics with online flexibility, enabling working adults to balance a nuclear engineering technology BS / MBA dual degree with professional commitments and other real-life obligations.
Here's how it works:
- You'll take online nuclear engineering technology classes and MBA classes at your convenience, where and when they fit into your schedule.
- Under Excelsior's generous transfer rules, you'll get the maximum number of credits in advance for approved college coursework.
- You may be able to further reduce your course load by getting academic credit for approved military classes and industry-accredited training.
- Excelsior's low tuition and flexible payment plans will reduce the overall cost of your nuclear engineering degree with MBA option.
Combine a Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree with In-Demand Health Care Expertise
Excelsior developed its nuclear engineering technology degree and MBA health care concentration with direct input from industry experts. Both programs meet or exceed the highest standards of academic quality.
You'll take classes from leading experts who have years of experience in the nuclear technology and health care industries. Excelsior regularly evaluates and revises all class materials to ensure they reflect the most current technologies and practices.
In the health care management MBA concentration, you'll gain specialized expertise in such subjects as:
- Health care economics
- Medical technology
- Health care law and regulations
- Organizational culture
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MBA Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology / MBA Credit Requirements
The Bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA degree program is offered in conjunction with the School of Business & Technology. The dual degree track requires 154-157 credits. Students are awarded their bachelor's degree by completing 60 credits in the arts and sciences component, 48 credits in the nuclear engineering technology component, and 10-13 credits for the free elective component. Students achieve graduate status after completion of the 6-credit bridge component. The 30-credit graduate course component completes the master's degree requirements.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, atomic physics, and nuclear physics.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, measure, and provide quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena, including experimentation, observation, and accurate measurement.
- Apply the fundamentals of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus to problem solving in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Make technical presentations in English using language appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the written communication of technical information using standard English.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer applications or documentation of the use of one or more computer software packages for technical problem solving appropriate to the nuclear engineering technology discipline.
- Demonstrate technical competency in electrical theory, nuclear and engineering materials, health physics/radiation protection, reactor core fundamentals, plant systems, heat transfer, fluids, and radiation measurement lab.
- Demonstrate comprehension of currently applicable rules and regulations in the areas of: radiation protection, operations, maintenance, quality control, quality assurance, safety, quality, timeliness, continuous improvement
- Integrate knowledge of the functional areas of nuclear engineering technology in the safe operation and maintenance of nuclear systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply design concepts, creativity, balance, accuracy, and confidence limits through the understanding of the relationships between design and the operation of nuclear systems.
- Participate effectively in groups.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities, including the impacts of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to continue to engage in lifelong learning.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College MBA program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics into a strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply Project Management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level nuclear engineering technology graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems in the nuclear discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the nuclear field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.