Without Concentration - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for Master of Business Administration
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA Dual Degree
Working adults can get a big career boost from Excelsior College's online nuclear engineering technology bachelor's degree.
Now you can go a step further with Excelsior's superior academics and online flexibility, earning an online Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for Master of Business Administration.
By combining both online degrees in a single program, you'll reduce your course load and save time and money. And by pairing an MBA with your nuclear engineering technology bachelor's degree, you'll put yourself in line for leadership positions that carry higher pay and greater influence.
A national leader in adult education and distance learning since 1971, Excelsior helps working adults fit a nuclear engineering technology BS / MBA degree into a busy schedule that includes professional and family responsibilities. We do it by:
- Offering online nuclear engineering technology classes that are available 24/7. You can take them at your convenience, whenever they fit into your schedule.
- Granting academic credit for many types of military training, industry-accredited training courses, and other types of real-world education.
- Maximizing the number of transfer credits you receive for approved courses from other accredited colleges.
- Supporting your success with personalized academic advising from an award-winning team of advisors.
- Offering budget-friendly tuition and fees, ensuring that your nuclear engineering technology BS / MBA degree is affordable.
A Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Plus an MBA Can Prepare You for Industry Leadership
Excelsior's nuclear engineering technology degree has met or surpassed the highest academic standards. You'll acquire career-building expertise in areas such as:
- Plant systems and reactor cores
- Nuclear materials
- Health physics and safety
In the MBA portion of the dual degree program, you'll gain the management skills necessary to become a leader in the nuclear engineering industry. Faculty in Excelsior's MBA program hold credentials from leading business schools and have years of direct business experience.
MBA Degree Specialties for Today's Economy
In addition to the general Master of Business Administration degree, Excelsior offers specialized MBA degrees in numerous growth industries. Learn more about our:
- MBA degree with a concentration in Cybersecurity Management
- MBA degree with a concentration in Human Performance Technology
- MBA degree with a concentration in Human Resource Management
- MBA degree with a concentration in Leadership
- MBA degree with a concentration in Social Media Management
- MBA degree with a concentration in Technology Management
- MBA degree with a concentration in Health Care Management
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MBA Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology / MBA Credit Requirements
The Bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA degree program is offered in conjunction with the School of Business & Technology. The dual degree track requires 154-157 credits. Students are awarded their bachelor's degree by completing 60 credits in the arts and sciences component, 48 credits in the nuclear engineering technology component, and 10-13 credits for the free elective component. Students achieve graduate status after completion of the 6-credit bridge component. The 30-credit graduate course component completes the master's degree requirements.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, atomic physics, and nuclear physics.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, measure, and provide quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena, including experimentation, observation, and accurate measurement.
- Apply the fundamentals of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus to problem solving in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Make technical presentations in English using language appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the written communication of technical information using standard English.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer applications or documentation of the use of one or more computer software packages for technical problem solving appropriate to the nuclear engineering technology discipline.
- Demonstrate technical competency in electrical theory, nuclear and engineering materials, health physics/radiation protection, reactor core fundamentals, plant systems, heat transfer, fluids, and radiation measurement lab.
- Demonstrate comprehension of currently applicable rules and regulations in the areas of: radiation protection, operations, maintenance, quality control, quality assurance, safety, quality, timeliness, continuous improvement
- Integrate knowledge of the functional areas of nuclear engineering technology in the safe operation and maintenance of nuclear systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply design concepts, creativity, balance, accuracy, and confidence limits through the understanding of the relationships between design and the operation of nuclear systems.
- Participate effectively in groups.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities, including the impacts of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to continue to engage in lifelong learning.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College MBA program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics into a strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply Project Management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level nuclear engineering technology graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems in the nuclear discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the nuclear field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.