Bachelors Degrees | Nuclear Engineering Technology BS | Online Degree - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology (Nuclear Cybersecurity)
Bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering Technology (Nuclear Cybersecurity)
If you have an associate degree and are interested in working in the field of cybersecurity technology in the nuclear engineering and energy industry, Excelsior's online Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology (Nuclear Cybersecurity) can help you advance your career.
This program is particularly suited to meet the needs of graduates of Excelsior's associate degree programs in engineering technology who want to apply their credits to a related bachelor's degree and pursue a concentration in cybersecurity technology. This program is aligned with military and civilian cybersecurity positions such as nuclear technician, cryptologic technician, and information technology technician.
Achieve Your Goals with a Career-Aligned Cybersecurity Degree
The number of cyber attacks targeting our nation's critical infrastructure is on the rise. Cybersecurity professionals working in the nuclear and energy industry need to have an applied knowledge specific to nuclear facilities, in addition to expertise in computer network and information security. Online courses for this degree include plant systems and reactor cores, nuclear materials, health physics and safety, atomic and nuclear physics, applied thermodynamics and heat transfer, electronics, and computer applications.
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and offers:
- Fair tuition, financial aid options, and flexible payment plans.
- Academic support services and personal advising.
- Qualified, experienced cybersecurity faculty.
- Supportive community encompassing students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
ABET Accreditation NET Only
The Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. ABET is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
Minimum of 124 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 48 in the technology component (including 16 upper level), and 16 in free electives including information literacy.
Graduates will be able to:
- Select and apply appropriate knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of the natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, atomic physics, and nuclear physics, to solving problems in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, measure, and provide quantitative expressions for natural phenomena, including observation, standard tests, experimentation, and accurate measurement.
- Select and apply appropriate knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus to problem solving in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Make oral technical presentations in Standard English using graphics and language appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the written and graphical communication of technical information supported by appropriate technical references using Standard English.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer applications or documentation of the use of one or more computer software packages for technical problem solving appropriate to the nuclear engineering technology discipline.
- Demonstrate technical competency in the electrical theory, nuclear and engineering materials, reactor core fundamentals, power plant systems, heat transfer, fluids, health physics/radiation protection, and radiation measurement.
- Demonstrate comprehension of currently applicable rules and regulations in the areas of radiation protection, operations, maintenance, quality control, quality assurance, and safety.
- Integrate and apply knowledge of the functional areas of nuclear engineering technology in the safe operation and maintenance of nuclear systems.
- Design systems, components, or processes while demonstrating a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement of the design and operation of nuclear systems.
- Participate effectively as a member or a leader of technical teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to professional, ethical and social responsibilities, including the effects of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development.
Review student learning outcomes
As an Excelsior College bachelor's level nuclear engineering technology graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems in the nuclear discipline, including understanding and addressing the societal and institutional issues related to nuclear engineering technology.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment, including communicating effectively to stakeholders external to the nuclear industry.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in the field of nuclear engineering technology.
nci info block
National Cybersecurity Institute at Excelsior College
The National Cybersecurity Institute is an academic and research center dedicated to assisting government, industry, military, and academic sectors meet the challenges in cybersecurity policy, technology, and education. The Institute's unique team of cybersecurity experts draws from different industries and organizations who are working together to educate and advise the public and private sectors on today's cybersecurity issues and needs.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.