Earn Your CCNA Certification
Becoming a Cisco® Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) proves your skills and knowledge in today’s IT networking technologies. If you’re looking to advance your career as a network administrator, this 100% online course will prepare you to take and pass the CCNA 220-301 exam.
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
Job Outlook for Network Administrators
- The U.S. Department of Labor listed Computer and Information Technology Occupations as its strongest areas for career growth.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), IT employment is expected to grow 12% annually over the next decade. The BLS also forecasts strong growth in IT fueled by an “emphasis on cloud computing, the collection and storage of big data, and information security.”
- The BLS found that the average annual wage for computer and network administrators was $86,320.
Cisco CCNA Certification Training FAQs
The IT industry evolves rapidly. To keep pace, you need to stay on top of the latest networking technologies. The Cisco® Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification proves that you have core networking skills and sets you on the path to advancing your IT career.
The CCNA 220-301 covers today’s most applicable associate-level networking skills. The main subject areas covered on the CCNA 220-301 are:
- Network fundamentals
- Network access
- IP connectivity
- IP services
- Security fundamentals
- Automation and programmability
The latest version of the CCNA exam was released in February 2020. The CCNA 220-301 is a single, comprehensive exam that replaced the following CCNA specialty exams:
- CCNA Cloud
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNA Data Center
- CCNA Industrial
- CCNA Routing and Switching
- CCNA Security
- CCNA Service Provider
- CCNA Wireless
There’s more to earning your CCNA certification than passing the test. Becoming a Cisco® Certified Network Associate is an important step to building your IT skill set. To pass the exam, you have to master a broad range of networking essentials, in addition to security, automation, and programmability. Moreover, CCNA certification is widely seen as the first step to earning more advanced IT certifications.
Cisco CCNA Certification Training Objectives
- Prepare to pass the CCNA 200-301 certification exam
- Administer Cisco-based technologies for networking fundamentals and network access
- Perform IP connectivity and services that ensure the integrity of network system
- Understand automation and programmability within Cisco networking systems
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course. However, you should have previous experience working with networking fundamentals and IP addressing prior to taking the CCNA exam. This course is 100% online. You can start anytime.
- Ethernet LANS
- VLANS and STP
- IPV4 Addressing
- IPV4 Routing
- Wireless LANS
- Access Control Lists
- IP Services
- Network Archeticture
David Grimes has over 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.