Prepare for CompTIA A+, NETWORK+, and SECURITY+ Certification
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is considered the world’s leading technology association. Since its founding in 1982, CompTIA has set standards for certification in IT support, from hardware and devices to networks and cybersecurity. This 100% online course will help you gain the knowledge and skills you need to launch an IT career via the CompTIA's A+, Network+ and Security+ certifications. Excelsior University accepts credit towards our degrees for all 3 certifications.
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
Job Outlook for CompTIA Certified Professionals
- Computer and information technology (IT) support specialists are in demand. Nearly every organization that uses computers and computing devices needs user and technology support. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects computer support jobs to grow 10% between now and 2027, twice the rate of overall job growth.
- BLS data indicates that computer support specialists earn $54,760 per year or $26.33 per hour on average.
- CompTIA’s commitment to mobile device support suggests strong continued demand for its certificate holders. According to the BLS analysis, as organizations upgrade their devices, networks, and security, demand for support professionals will continue to grow.
Online CompTIA IT Certification Training FAQs
Online CompTIA IT Certification Training Objectives
- Learn the fundamentals of IT
- Discover how to build and manage a data network
- Understand how to troubleshoot networking issues
- Learn about routing and switching, risk assessment, and data recovery
- Practice concepts to prepare for CompTIA™ A+, Security+, and Network+ certifications
- Prepare to take and pass CompTIA™ A+, Security+, and Network+ certification exam processes
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites prior to taking this course. You should have a basic understanding of computer systems and networks.
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1001
Hardware, networking, and mobile
- CompTIA™ A+ 220-1002
Security and troubleshooting for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- CompTIA™ Network+ N10-007
Foundations of networking and infrastructure; virtualization and the cloud, subnets, and VLANs
- CompTIA™ Security+ SY0-501
Securing networks from attacks; business continuity and risk mitigation
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and nonprofit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in technology education.