Bachelor Degrees | Professional Studies Business & Management, Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management
Bachelor's in Business and Management Degree
Military service and training can provide a great background for jobs in business and management. But most colleges won't grant credit for skills and knowledge you've gained outside the classroom.
Excelsior College does. Our Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management is a perfect next step for students who hold associate business management degrees, as well as military veterans, military spouses, and Department of Defense civilians who've acquired an education in business and management as part of their national service.
Excelsior's business management degree lets you build on past educational achievements to earn a bachelor's degree in less time, for less money, with less hassle.
Our distance learning model lets you take online business management classes at your own convenience, without interfering with your job or family commitments. Affordable tuition, award-winning academic advising, and top-notch faculty make this an ideal business management degree program for working adults.
A Practical Degree to Build Job-ready Skills in Business and Management
Excelsior College has been one of America's leading educators of working adults since 1971. Our bachelor of professional studies in business management cultivates practical workplace skills that apply directly to real-world professional challenges, including:
- Business communications
- Project management
- Global business
- Critical thinking and analysis
- Computers and business technology
- Personnel management and evaluation
After earning a Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management degree from Excelsior College, our graduates have competed successfully for jobs in a wide range of industries, including defense, global business, government contracting, and the military.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BPS program outcomes
Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management Credit Requirements
120 credits required: 30 in the arts and sciences (9 upper level); 45 in the business component (15 upper level); and 45 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit info lit requirement; 6 upper level).
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Use commonly-available workplace technology tools to communicate professional information in clear, grammatical, and effective written prose.
- Develop and communicate cohesive arguments using appropriate supporting evidence and effective prose.
- Interpret events using more than one perspective, with an understanding of the significance of integrating knowledge and skills in the workplace.
- Identify, critically evaluate, and propose solutions for management problems.
- Apply knowledge of mathematics and natural sciences to problem-solving in management contexts.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the implications of ethics and social responsibility on the individual, the organization, and society.
- Demonstrate information literacy.
- Participate effectively in groups.
- Apply project management techniques where appropriate.
- Analyze business issues in the global environment.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship between culture and human behavior in the workplace.
- Use business tools to solve business and management problems.
- Apply business and management concepts in an integrated manner.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).