Online Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Deepen your knowledge and sharpen your skills with an advanced degree that will help you achieve your career goals in cybersecurity. Bachelor's programs in cybersecurity at Excelsior College will prepare you to protect critical information and cyber assets through organizational prevention, detection, countering, and recovery methods. Excelsior's cybersecurity degrees are also aligned with the academic requirements for cybersecurity set by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity degrees:
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 52 in the cybersecurity component with a minimum of 15 at the upper-level, and 8 in free electives including information literacy. See the degree requirements in chart form.
Graduates will be able to:
- Emphasize technologies and techniques related to specialized cybersecurity e.g., collection, exploitation, and response) involved in national security.
- Utilize technologies and processes that continuously monitor, maintain, and protect the national security posture of the United States.
- Utilize an interdisciplinary approach in employing the best sources and expertise for information related to cyber security and threats to national security.
- Detect, analyze and respond to cyber attacks on networks and computer systems that threaten national security.
- Conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of existing and proposed security systems.
- Develop and implement organizational cyber security policies and procedures designed to protect areas involving national security.
- Develop skills that further the goal to broaden the pool of skilled workers capable of supporting a cyber-secure nation.
As an Excelsior College bachelor's level cybersecurity graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve problems in the cyber technology discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the cyber technology field.
Excelsior College is recognized as a Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education by the NSA and DHS.