LPN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Application Requirements
It is very important that all applicants are aware of the unique features of this online nursing program. Distance education is as challenging as face-to-face instruction, if not more so. The nursing component of this dual degree program requires outstanding critical thinking skills and nursing judgment, along with a commitment to academic rigor. Applicants to the LPN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program are required to read the important information and to acknowledge understanding.
Please review the information below for a list of the eligibility qualifications and required documents you need to apply.
We are accepting applications to our Associate Degree in Nursing and LPN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program for applicants from the following states:
We are currently not accepting applications from other states, until further notice.
You’re eligible to apply for admission to the LPN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing program if you:
- Hold and maintain an active and unencumbered LPN/LVN license in the U.S.
- Are employed in a setting that requires direct patient care, under the supervision of someone with a health care credential who evaluates your clinical practice.
- Completed 200 or more hours of employment in this setting within the calendar year prior to the date you submit your Verification of Health Care Experience.
TEST OF ESSENTIAL ACADEMIC SKILLS (TEAS) REQUIREMENT
You must complete the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) and have achieved the minimum TEAS scores outlined below to be admitted. Your TEAS score report from ATI must be completed within one year prior to the date of your application. Review the TEAS requirement details.
- HEALTH CARE EXPERIENCE VERIFICATION
This form requires a signature from your supervisor (the person with a health care credential who evaluates your clinical practice). This form must be submitted within 3 months after the date your supervisor signs it, and a new form will be required before completing Phase II of the program.
You can submit this form with your online application or you can scan and send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 518-464-8833.
- COPY OF HEALTH CARE LICENSE
In addition, you’ll need to submit a copy of your current health care license or certification to verify your professional status in an appropriate health care profession.
- You are required to submit an official transcript from the institution where your LPN/LVN education was completed.