Applying for Aid - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Tuition and Aid
Financial Aid: Applying for Aid
Applying for Financial Aid
Follow these steps to apply and enroll for financial aid:
- Create a free MyExcelsior account, if you don't already have one
- Complete your FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov. Excelsior's code is 014251. You will be notified by email within 7–10 days that Excelsior College has received your FAFSA. Review the list of documents you'll need to gather for your FAFSA.
- Submit your enrollment agreement through your MyExcelsior account
- Using MAPlanner in MyExcelsior, create your study plan by choosing the courses you are interested in for the semester for your advisor to approve.
- Once your academic advisor approves your study plan, go to MyExcelsior to create your financial aid study plan:
- In MyExcelsior go to My Details
- Under My Financial Matters, select Submit your plan through MAPlanner.
In the Financial Aid tab, you will find instructions on how to complete and submit your plan. This process is required prior to each term for which you are using financial aid.
- Our financial aid advisors will review your plan of study. Once approved, you will receive an award letter via email within 10–12 business days. You can also check your award through MyExcelsior. Be sure to review all messages associated with your award letter. It is your responsibility to determine if your financial aid awards will cover your tuition and fees. If not, you will be expected to pay the difference to the College.
- Accept your financial aid award by following the instructions in your award letter.
- If using federal loans:
- Complete your Direct Loans entrance counseling by logging into studentloans.gov and navigating to Complete Entrance Counseling.
- Once you've completed entrance counseling, sign your electronic Master Promissory Note by navigating to Complete MPN
- After finalizing your financial aid package, register for classes. Your tuition and fees will be deducted from your financial aid award.
For other helpful resources and FAQs, visit our Financial Aid Support Center.
VA Education Benefits
Apply for VA education benefits online and list Excelsior as the parent school. If you did not indicate your benefits on your application, send this information to our Financial Aid/Veteran Affairs office through the MyExcelsior message center (select topic “VA Benefits”).
Prior to enrollment, be sure to fax your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for Post-9/11 benefits to Excelsior College at 518-464-8660 or email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not yet received your COE, fax your unofficial
DD Form 214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty to get started.