Course Registration for Enrolled Students
If you are an enrolled student who is also seeking financial aid, follow these steps:
- Submit your FAFSA
- Speak with your academic advisor to get approval for the courses you want to take
- If you are receiving financial aid:
- review your award(s) and accept or decline
- complete your entrance counseling
- sign your electronic promissory note
- Register for your selected courses in MAPlanner
If you need help with any of these steps, please contact us and we’ll be happy to help you through it!
TO REGISTER BY MAIL OR FAX
You may mail or fax a printed and completed registration form with full payment or payment instructions (check, money order, credit, or debit card).
Mail: Excelsior College Business Office 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, New York 12203-5159
Fax: Civilian: 518-464-8700 | Military: 518-608-8135
TO REGISTER BY PHONE: CALL 888-647-2388
Phone registration is unavailable during the late registration period. Third party registrations (military tuition assistance or financial aid registrations) cannot be done by phone. At the time of registration you must pay in full with a credit or debit card.
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY, RESERVES, AND VETERANS
- Register for courses through your MyExcelsior account using the TA process
- Your Army TA number will use the following naming convention: ARxxxx (where xxxx is the last 4 digits of your social).
- Excelsior will process your registration and send to ArmyIgnitED – Allow 24 for ArmyIgnitED to see registration in portal.
- In ArmyIgnitEd, request TA for the course.
- When approved, ArmyIgnitED will send the approved TA to Excelsior College for billing, no further action is needed.
If you’re waiting for Navy Tuition Assistance Approval, follow these procedures.
Other Active Duty Military Service Members
Register for courses online using the control number from your completed Tuition Assistance (TA) form, and then send a copy of that form to Excelsior. If it’s not received within four calendar days, your registration will be voided.
If you’re paying for your course tuition with a personal credit card, you can register for your course online, but you won’t be eligible to receive military tuition reimbursement.
Late registration begins the Saturday after the registration deadline and continues through Wednesday of the first week of the term at 11:59 pm ET.
- You can only register online during this period.
- You’ll need to pay late registration fee of $25. If you drop and add a course, you won’t incur this fee.
WAYS TO PAY
Learn more about our tuition payment and financial aid options: