MS Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Nursing Informatics | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
Master of Science in Nursing Informatics
Master's in Nursing Informatics
Health care data are increasingly important to today's caregivers—and so are the people who can manage and interpret this vital information. Become an expert in this area by earning a Master of Science in Nursing Informatics from Excelsior College.
A master's degree in nursing informatics prepares you to collect and manage data for the purposes of:
- Improving patient care.
- Producing more effective policies and standards.
- Broadening research frontiers.
- Ensuring security and privacy.
- Influencing public health.
A rigorous program designed for serious students, the nursing master's degree in informatics can help you get ahead in a fast-growing sector of the health care industry. Get the education you need from one of the best nursing schools in America.
A High-quality Online MS Nursing Degree That Fits Into Your Busy Schedule
There's no better place to earn a nursing master's degree than Excelsior, a national leader in nursing education since the 1970s.
Excelsior's distance-learning model and online nursing classes are tailor-made for adult learners who need to balance education with family and work commitments. You'll maintain control of your own schedule, taking online nursing classes whenever convenient for you.
As a student you will:
- Get plenty of support from Excelsior's award-winning academic advisors.
- Study with nationally recognized faculty.
- Interact online with other students in the nursing master's degree program.
- Pay reasonable tuition, fees, and financial support. Learn more about Excelsior's special financial program for MS in Nursing students.
- Design a capstone course in which you pursue your own interests and goals.
Nursing MSN degree info block credit requirements informatics
Nursing MS in Nursing degree info block
Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Function as a leader and change agent to promote holistic patient-centered care and population health.
- Translate evidence to develop health care practices in a culturally and ethnically diverse global society.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines that are essential for nursing judgment and practice.
- Integrate specialty practice knowledge to enhance interprofessional collaboration, inform decisions, and improve health outcomes.
- Exemplify professional values and standards, best practices, and the commitment to lifelong learning in the role of the master's-prepared nurse.
- Implement the role of master's-prepared nurse as part of the interprofessional team.
- Integrate scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, and innovation to support nursing excellence.
Accreditation: Nursing Specialized Accreditation
Specialized Nursing Accreditation
The associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs in nursing at Excelsior College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.