Appeal of Final Grades
The appeal of final grades procedure applies only to students taking Excelsior University sources of credit. A formal grade appeal will be pursued only if the student presents evidence of error, bias, or capriciousness in determining/scoring the student's final grade.
Note: Refer to the Academic Integrity Policy if academic integrity violation is suspected and involved in determining the final grade.
Appeal of Final Grade Process for Excelsior University Courses
- Students with questions regarding their final course grade should contact the instructor using the course message system within 10 calendar days after the end of the course term, during which students still have course access.
- Students who are unable to resolve the issue with the instructor should contact the school offering the course for assistance. See contact information below.
- If the student has been unsuccessful with resolving the grade issue, they have the right to file a written appeal with the dean of the school within 60 days of the end of the course. The appeal should include:
- course name
- course department and number
- the student’s name and ID number
- instructor’s name
- a detailed explanation of the grounds for appeal including supporting documentation.
Receipt of formal appeal will be acknowledged within 72 hours. The dean or designee will investigate the appeal and the dean will render a final decision within 30 days of receipt of the appeal.
The grade appeal decision is final. No further appeal will be accepted.
Appeal of Final Grade Process for INL 102
Students who want to appeal a final course grade of F for INL 102 Information Literacy must submit their appeal in writing to the School of Undergraduate Studies within 10 calendar days after the end of the course term.
Contact Information for Schools
Excelsior University offers a toll free number for course issues and concerns that students can utilize for contact information for their instructor or school designee.
Call 877-852-5692, and listen for the extension of the office you need to reach.
Option 1: School of Undergraduate Studies Courses
Option 2: School of Graduate Studies Courses
Option 3: School of Nursing Courses (all levels)