Program Transfer and Degree Change

Statement of Policy

Undergraduate students who have signed the enrollment agreement to enroll or who are enrolled are allowed to transfer within a school and between schools.

  • It is recommended that students discuss program/degree changes with an academic advisor prior to requesting a change.
  • Undergraduate degree transfer requests can be submitted online (login required).Note: Students cannot transfer into a nursing degree using the online form.
  • Requests in writing must include the student’s signature and be sent to:

The Office of the Registrar
Excelsior College
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159

Or students may fax their signed request to the Office of the Registrar at 518-464-8646.

  • Email requests not including a signature are not accepted.
  • All requests with associated fees should be sent to the Bursar’s Office for processing.
  • All requests to transfer should be sent directly to the Office of the Registrar.
  • Students are provided with initial evaluations from the school or degree program to which they have transferred.
  • Any Excelsior College sources of credit that do not apply to the new degree will be included in the “Non-Applicable” section of the official transcript. (However, the credit will be calculated into Excelsior College GPA, SAP Calculation, and Academic Probation calculation.)
  • Students cannot request to have credit removed for the purpose of improving GPA or making room to take new credit.

Graduate students who have signed the enrollment agreement to enroll or who are enrolled who wish to transfer into or within graduate programs must apply for entrance to the new program and are subject to all related fees. Refer to Graduate Tuition and Fee Schedule (PDF). Students should consult the academic advisor in the graduate department to which they are seeking admission for information.

Exception: Students enrolled in the MBA or MSM may transfer into either degree program without reapplying or paying a new application fee. Requests to transfer cannot be done online. They must be made in writing and include a signature.