Bachelors Degrees | Public Service – Criminal Justice, Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Public Service Programs
Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Open Emphasis
Bachelor's in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Open Emphasis)
Homeland Security and Emergency Management is an emerging academic discipline that stresses the need for first responders to effectively coordinate security and emergency response activities between agencies and across governmental jurisdictions.
The Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Open Emphasis) is designed for individuals looking to advance their careers within organizations that prepare for and respond to all levels of emergencies, including malicious threats to individual persons and property, natural disasters, dangerous events, and security-related incidents, including cyber-attacks.
A Practical, Online Bachelor's Degree
Designed to meet the needs of working adults, Excelsior College will help you:
- Complete your degree online, taking homeland security and emergency management classes when and where it makes the most sense for you.
- Reduce your course load and earn your degree more quickly by receiving maximum transfer credit for your previous college work.
- Convert military experience, academy training, professional service, and first-responder training into academic credit.
- Keep your college costs management with reasonable tuition rates, financial aid, and flexible payment plans.
Pursue an Exciting Career in Emergency Management
Job opportunities in homeland security and emergency management are projected to grow as federal, state, and local governments, as well as private companies, deal with increasing threat levels that require interagency cooperation. The BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Open Emphasis) will give you practical, job-ready knowledge in areas including:
- Disaster recovery
- Emergency management
- National security
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS CJ HS EM Outcomes and Reqs
BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Degree Credit Requirements
The bachelor's program includes 18 core credits, a 3-credit capstone course, a 9-credit emphasis area that allows students to focus on topics related to their interests and career aspirations, and a 3-credit elective course. Program Outcomes
With a BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, you will be prepared to:
- Characterize homeland security and emergency management interoperability.
- Analyze risks and threats within the context of homeland security and emergency management.
- Evaluate the impact of hazardous events on homeland security and emergency management policies, procedures, and planning.
- Scrutinize ethical issues in homeland security and emergency management and produce possible solutions.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.