Become a Certified Life Coach
Life coaches provide expert guidance to help their clients establish and meet important goals. This 100% online course will train you to work as a life coach and teach you how to launch your own coaching practice. You’ll learn the core competencies of the International Coach Federation (ICF) and become a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) upon course completion.
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
Job Outlook for Life Coaches
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) found that in a professional survey, life coach practitioners reported “an average annual income from coaching of about $61,900.”
- The BLS also noted that many life coaches often have another career, which informs their practice as a life coach. For example, an experienced business leader may have a coaching practice for clients who want to achieve specific career goals in addition to their primary job.
- com reports that the average fee for life coaches is $31.45 per hour. Experienced life coaches can charge $150.00 and above per hour depending on their specialty.
Online Certified Professional Life Coach Training Course FAQs
Online Certified Professional Life Coach Training Course Objectives
- Earn a Certified Professional Coach (CPC) certification, issued through the International Association of Professional Recovery Coaches (IAPRC)
- Learn strategies for applying the IAPRC Code of Ethics, ICF Core Competencies, and other coaching concepts
- Build a foundation for coaching relationships using a formal coaching agreement
- Develop an Envisioning Possibilities statement for your practice client
- Establish your personal coaching presence, style, and communication system
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course.
- Awareness and Mindful Intention
Power of a professional code of ethics; coaching roles and personal qualities of outstanding coaches
- Awareness and Mindful Intention, PT. 2
Listening and building rapport; standards of practice and rules of engagement
- Action Skills and Tools
Positive Psychology, three potentials and the coaching cycle; coaching conversation dynamics and ICF Core Competencies
- Action Skills and Tools, PT. 2
Ethical guidelines, professional standards, and establishing the coaching agreement; trust and intimacy, active listening, and powerful questioning
- Assumptions and Deeper Insight
Well-being: positive psychology evolves; the Johari Window, self-discovery and emotional intelligence 2.0
- Shifting Perspective
The bedrock of success: E+R=O; self-responsibility, self-esteem, and the last resort in self-responsibility
- Accelerate Your Business Launch
Envision your ideal business, clarify your mission ,and begin with the end in mind; four strategies for going the distance and finding your niche
- Accelerate Your Business Launch, PT. 2
Six strengths to leverage your credibility and using your voice to define your expertise; strategic networking, marketing, and promotion
Jean LaCour, PhD, is a Certified Prevention Professional, author, and a trainer with extensive experience in the addiction recovery field. She is the co-founder of the NET Training Institute Center for Addiction and Recovery Education, a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit corporation offering online training in addiction counseling, peer specialist support, and recovery support services.