Associate Degrees | Applied Science degree in Administrative and Management Studies - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Associate in Applied Science in Administrative and Management Studies
Associate in Administrative and Management Studies Degree
If you've learned business administrative management skills in a non-classroom setting such as the military or the work force, you can translate your experience into an Associate in Applied Science in Administrative and Management Studies from Excelsior College.
A national leader in distance learning for more than 40 years, Excelsior specializes in meeting the needs of adult students—especially career changers and students from a military background. We grant academic credit for many forms of military-related education and training, speeding you toward a business associate degree that can put you on a new career path.
Flexible, Affordable, Convenient—and Completely Online
At Excelsior College, you'll study with first-rate faculty from leading institutions around the country, learning core administrative and management skills such as:
- Writing memos, reports, and other correspondence.
- Using common business software and hardware.
- Managing staff and advising superiors.
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping.
After earning an AAS degree from Excelsior College, you'll possess business administrative management skills that employers look for—and value. Many students transfer directly into a business bachelor's degree program. Others use their AAS degree to:
- Earn a promotion from their current employer.
- Land a new job with higher pay.
- Change careers.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
AAS in Admin/Management Outcomes
AAS in Business Administrative Management Credit Requirements
60 credits: 20 in arts and sciences, 20 career component credits, 20 electives to include a mandatory 1-credit information literacy course.
Other Excelsior Business Degrees That Might Interest You:
- Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business and Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business with concentration in General Business
We expect that as an Excelsior College Associate in Applied Science in Administrative/Management Studies graduate you will be able to demonstrate:
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Introductory college-level knowledge in one or more of the subject areas in mathematics and/or natural sciences.
- Introductory college-level knowledge in one or more of the social sciences.
- A comprehension of cultural diversity, human behavior, and the relationship between business and society.
- A proficiency in administrative/management skills required in an organization.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).