Part-time Adjunct Clinical Instructor – Syracuse, NY
June 30, 2023
The role of part-time clinical instructor will be able to function and work under three (3) different assignment categories: clinical instructor lead; clinical instructor assistant; and on-call clinical instructor.
Part-time clinical instructors report to the Associate Dean and communicate with the instructional faculty overseeing the course/content area they are teaching. Excelsior University provides fully developed courses with materials and activities to allow the faculty to focus on the students. They should expect to provide prompt response to student needs, offer timely formative feedback on student work, and demonstrate their clinical expertise through selecting, supervising, and evaluating students’ clinical experiences. In addition, Excelsior looks for our adjunct part-time nursing clinical faculty to demonstrate a commitment to student success by supporting college engagement and retention initiatives, reaching out to struggling students and collaborating with instructional faculty and support staff to ensure students have access to all available resources that impact success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful completion of College-sponsored training program
- Fulfillment of all requirements and adherence to all College policies identified in the Excelsior University Faculty Handbook.
- Ability to work 2 non-consecutive weekends at the clinical site during an 8-week course term. The weekend consists of Friday evening 3 hours (5-8 pm) and 12-hour days (6:15 am-6:30 pm Saturday and Sunday).
- Plan and coordinate patient assignments for each student in the clinical group, consistent with the course and clinical objectives.
- Demonstrate competency with nursing skills and associated technology (EHR, automated medication dispensing system, smart intravenous pumps, etc.)
- Demonstrate familiarity with assigned clinical unit(s), facility policies and procedures; complete all facility required training.
- Participate in pre-clinical briefs and post-clinical debriefs with students within Canvas LMS
- Exhibit content and skill-based expertise when engaging with students; provide relevant evidence based professional examples pertinent to the topic
- Provide students with individualized feedback summarizing strengths and areas in need of improvement. Substantiate feedback with examples from student work.
- Complete individual clinical evaluation rubric in Canvas for each student by the end of the term
- A master’s degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution
- Active, unencumbered New York RN license.
- Minimum of 5 years of RN experience in varied clinical areas, caring for patients across the lifespan.
- Current clinical experience within an acute care hospital setting.
- Experience supervising nursing students and/or new graduate RNs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking and writing style.
- Experience in the implementation of curriculum in pre-licensure nursing degree programs.
- Experience with various modes of educational technology, including video conferencing software.
- Current CPR certification.
Compensation for serving as a Clinical Instructor is $5,000.00. Payments are processed on a bi-weekly payroll cycle beginning with the next feasible pay period after the close of late registration. Please note all teaching fees are subject to federal, state, and/or local withholding taxes.
If you have problems with online submission, please call 518-608-8270.
Excelsior University offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement, and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information by clicking the Apply Now button on this page.
Excelsior University is an equal opportunity employer committed to ensuring all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to any legally protected characteristic.Apply Now View All Jobs