Health and Wellness - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Dual BS in Health Sciences (Health and Wellness) and MS in Health Sciences
BS in Health Sciences (Health and Wellness)/ MS in Health Sciences Dual Degree
Excelsior College has been a leading innovator in health care education since 1971. And we're staying at the leading edge with new programs such as our dual online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Health and Wellness emphasis) and Master of Science in Health Sciences program.
Designed for working adults who need to balance school with jobs, families, and other commitments, this dual BS/MS health sciences degree will prepare you to work in the dynamic wellness sector of the health care industry.
At Excelsior, you'll:
- Take convenient online health and wellness classes that fit your schedule and are easy on your budget.
- Earn credit for professional certificates and licenses, which may leave you with fewer academic requirements to satisfy—and a shorter path to finish your bachelor's and master's degrees. You may be awarded up to 32 credits for your license.
- Save on school with affordable, budget-friendly tuition and no enrollment fee!
- Be supported by award-winning academic advisors will help you choose the degree program and courses that fit your schedule and meet your professional goals.
- Work with and get to know classmates and faculty via Excelsior's online communities.
Flexible Online Health and Wellness Education
Excelsior College develops its health and wellness classes in consultation with wellness professionals working in the field. Our online classes meet the same high academic standards that apply to health science programs at traditional universities and colleges. And they're led by knowledgeable faculty with many years of experience in health and wellness, both as practitioners and as teachers.
By choosing the area of emphasis in health and wellness for the undergraduate portion of your dual degree program, you'll gain practical knowledge and skills in subjects such as:
- Natural healing
- Spirituality and health
When you enter the graduate level of your health sciences dual degree program, you'll be given the choice to earn your master's degree without a specialization or to specialize in health professions education, public health, or healthcare informatics.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
147 credits. Undergraduate: 60 in arts and sciences, 51 professional components. Bridge: 9 credits. Graduate: 27 credits.
By completion of the BS in Health Sciences (End of Life Care) program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills within organizations and evolving health care systems.
- Identify and evaluate evidence to guide decision making.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health care issues and societal needs.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in planning and evaluating health care.
- Implement evolving technologies in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health care.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with clients, members of the multidisciplinary team, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze legal, ethical, and policy issues within health care delivery systems.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in the management and delivery of health care services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health care profession.
Upon successful completion of the MS in Health Sciences program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in using multiple strategies of communication to convey complex thoughts and ideas.
- Use research findings to explain and direct the resolution of practice related issues and challenges.
- Apply leadership skills in managing people and programs.
- Analyze issues and challenges, including new and emerging trends
- Use knowledge of health care policy and delivery systems to guide professional practice.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in an advanced practice role.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.