Management - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Dual BS in Health Sciences (Health Care Management) and MS in Health Sciences
BS in Health Sciences (Health Care Management)/ MS in Health Sciences Dual Degree
It's often easier to move into advanced health care management positions when you have a master's degree. At Excelsior, you can earn your bachelor's and master's at once through our dual degree option.
This combined Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Health Care Management emphasis) and Master of Science in Health Sciences program removes the obstacles that often prevent working adults from finishing their degrees.
With flexible and affordable, online classes in health care management, and generous transfer policies, Excelsior enables you to earn both a bachelor's and master's degree in health sciences while you continue to manage job responsibilities, family obligations, and other commitments. We help you balance your health education studies with work, family, and other real-life responsibilities by:
- Taking online classes in health care management that let you study where and when it fits into your life.
- Earning academic credit for approved professional licenses and certificates. These credits can satisfy degree requirements and reduce your course load. Your license may be worth up to 32 credits!
- Getting maximum transfer credit for your prior coursework from accredited colleges and universities.
- Saving money thanks to Excelsior's affordable tuition and low student fees.
- Receiving personalized academic support from our award-winning advisors.
The result? You'll earn two health sciences degrees in a way that works with your schedule and your budget, without having to set the rest of your life aside.
A Health Sciences Dual Bachelor's and Master's Degree Designed for Working Adults
A national leader in adult education since 1971, Excelsior College has some of the strongest academic credentials of any online institution. Our dual degree health sciences programs are developed in collaboration with industry experts, and led by professors with years of hands-on experience in health care.
We constantly revise our academic materials to ensure that they reflect the most up-to-date health care trends. By choosing the health care management area of emphasis for the undergraduate portion of your degree, you'll gain practical, relevant knowledge and skills in subjects such as:
- Health care finance
- Human resources
- Organizational behavior and culture
When you enter the graduate level of your health sciences dual degree program, you'll be given the choice to earn your master's degree without a specialization or to specialize in health professions education, public health, or healthcare informatics.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
147 credits. Undergraduate: 60 in arts and sciences, 51 professional components. Bridge: 9 credits. Graduate: 27 credits.
By completion of the BS in Health Sciences (End of Life Care) program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills within organizations and evolving health care systems.
- Identify and evaluate evidence to guide decision making.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health care issues and societal needs.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in planning and evaluating health care.
- Implement evolving technologies in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health care.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with clients, members of the multidisciplinary team, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze legal, ethical, and policy issues within health care delivery systems.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in the management and delivery of health care services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health care profession.
Upon successful completion of the MS in Health Sciences program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in using multiple strategies of communication to convey complex thoughts and ideas.
- Use research findings to explain and direct the resolution of practice related issues and challenges.
- Apply leadership skills in managing people and programs.
- Analyze issues and challenges, including new and emerging trends
- Use knowledge of health care policy and delivery systems to guide professional practice.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in an advanced practice role.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.