Bachelors Degrees | Health Sciences - Management | Online Degree - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Management emphasis)
Bachelor's in Health Sciences (Management)
For health care employees, getting promoted to unit manager often requires a bachelor's degree. But earning that degree as a working adult is easier said than done.
You can do it at Excelsior College. Our online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Management emphasis) removes the obstacles that often prevent working adults from finishing a bachelor's degree.
With flexible online classes, student-friendly transfer policies, and affordable rates, Excelsior enables you to earn a health sciences bachelor's degree while you fulfill your job responsibilities, family obligations, and other commitments.
You'll do it by:
- Taking online classes on a schedule that's convenient for you. You'll study where and when it fits into your life.
- Earning academic credit for approved professional licenses and certificates. These credits can satisfy degree requirements and reduce your course load. Find out how many credits your license may be worth.
- Getting maximum transfer credit for your prior coursework from accredited colleges and universities.
- Saving money thanks to Excelsior's affordable tuition and low student fees.
- Receiving personalized academic support from our award-winning advisors.
The result? You'll earn a degree on your terms, your schedule, and your budget—without setting the rest of your life aside.
A Health Sciences Bachelor's Degree Designed for Working Adults
A national leader in adult education since 1971, Excelsior College has some of the strongest academic credentials of any online institution. Our health sciences bachelor's degree program was developed in collaboration with industry experts, and it's led by experienced professors who've spent years in hands-on practice.
By choosing the management area of emphasis, you'll gain practical, relevant knowledge and skills in subjects such as:
- Health care finance
- Human resources
- Organizational behavior and culture
We constantly revise our academic materials to ensure that they reflect the most up-to-date health care trends.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS Health Sciences Credit Requirements
BS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 60 in health sciences courses, including 9 credits in the area of emphasis.
By completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills within organizations and evolving health care systems.
- Identify and evaluate evidence to guide decision making.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health care issues and societal needs.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in planning and evaluating health care.
- Implement evolving technologies in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health care.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with clients, members of the multidisciplinary team, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze legal, ethical, and policy issues within health care delivery systems.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in the management and delivery of health care services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health care profession.
Pathway Scholarship Health Care Management
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.