Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree – General Business, Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (General Business) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (General Business)
Business moves faster than ever these days, and Excelsior College is keeping pace with the times.
Our flexible, competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (General Business) degree program will enable you to finish sooner at a lower cost than almost anywhere else.
Specifically designed for adult students with busy lives and competing responsibilities, Excelsior's online business BS degree program lets you put together a personalized program of study that builds on what you know. This bachelor's in business concentrating in general business is geared to meet current employer needs and give you an advantage in the job market.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in business and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Meet your degree requirements in whatever combination of options works best for you, then take the capstone in which your competency will be evaluated through a series of business projects, simulations, and summative exam.
- Transfer more credits to lower the cost of your BS in Business.
- Take 8 or 15-week online business classes that fit your schedule.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance to make college more affordable.
- Earn a business degree accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
You can also use financial aid and flexible-payment options to fit this bachelor's in business concentrating in general business into your budget. Find out just how affordable an Excelsior bachelor's degree can be.
A Flexible, Convenient Business Degree for Working Adults
Excelsior's online business classes are taught by experienced educators from some of the nation's leading business schools. You'll get a complete, rigorous foundation in business processes and principles, including:
- Business strategy
- Organizational behavior
With an accredited bachelor's degree from Excelsior, you can pursue a wide range of professional and educational opportunities, including small business ownership, consulting, administration and management, graduate school, and law school.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Business Credit Requirements
BS in Business Credit Requirements
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 51 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 9 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Review the student learning outcomes
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one's chosen career field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).