Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree - Marketing | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Marketing) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (Marketing)
The competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Marketing) at Excelsior College has so many advantages, it practically sells itself. Find out what sets our program apart from other online marketing degree programs.
A national leader in adult education, Excelsior lets you build on what you know in this competency-based online business program that draws on your prior education and experience.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your bachelor's in business with marketing concentration through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in marketing and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Meet your degree requirements in whatever combination of options works best for you, then take the capstone in which your business and marketing skills are evaluated through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
Directly aligned with current industry trends, this online bachelor's in business provides the same academic quality that you'd find in a traditional on-campus marketing degree program, and is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
- Take flexible, online marketing classes that fit your schedule.
- Transfer more credits to lower your costs and shorten the path to your BS in Business.
- Receive more credit for job experience, professional certifications, and military service.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance that makes college more affordable.
- Enjoy budget-friendly tuition and fees and flexible payment plans that lower your college costs.
An Online Business Degree that Can Boost Your Marketing Career
Excelsior's online marketing classes are led by expert faculty from top colleges and universities across the nation. You'll gain skills that you can use immediately upon entering the workforce, in subjects such as:
- Market research
- Consumer behavior
- Trend analysis and forecasting
- Advertising and promotion
- Brand management
- Market information analysis
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Business Credit Requirements
BS in Business Credit Requirements
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 51 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 9 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course.
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate comprehension of the principles of accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the legal and social environment of business.
- Demonstrate comprehension of the global environment of business.
- Apply ethical considerations to the obligations and responsibilities of business.
- Apply business tools to real-world situations.
- Employ information literacy techniques.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Apply business concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
Review the student learning outcomes
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional business environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in one's chosen career field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).