We listen to your feedback and make improvements to the student experience based upon research results about your Excelsior College experience across a variety of topics.
Wondering why you were not contacted for one of these projects?
We know that our students are busy, so we have an institutional policy limiting the amount of times any member of the Excelsior community can be contacted to participate in a research project. That’s why it’s so important that you participate when you receive a request for feedback.
Let your voice be heard. Watch your email for upcoming opportunities to tell us what you think.
IMPROVEMENTS BASED UPON STUDENT SURVEY FEEDBACK
- School of Nursing has started offering one-day in-person CPNE® skills workshops
- Corrections and/or updates to the exam content guides are made as needed and published on the web immediately, instead of once per year.
- School of Nursing has designed a CPNE portal page with all necessary information in one place
- Several corrections were made to UExcel® test items based on examinee feedback
- Modified Library web pages (login required) so links are more prominent for usability
- School of Nursing has revamped the MS capstone to provide more opportunity for students to work on capstone projects within a course and with guidance of course faculty
- Improved Excelsior College course search page
- School of Nursing has updated the content guides
Here are some of our regular surveys that ask students for their feedback on the Excelsior College experience:
First Year Student Survey (FYSS) asks students to reflect upon their experience at Excelsior College after they have completed nine months of study to address issues of student satisfaction.
Priorities Survey for Online Learners (PSOL) is a survey designed to evaluate what students believe is important about their education experience as well as how satisfied they are with their experiences.
Course Evaluation Surveys are distributed each term and are used to monitor the quality of courses, faculty, and programs.
Exit and Alumni Surveys invite graduates to share their thoughts regarding how well the college prepared them for employment and continuing education.
Don’t let other students be your voice. Tell us what you think when you receive a survey.
Do you wonder if other students feel the way that you do about their Excelsior College experience? To find out, review the most recent executive summary results for the following student surveys:
POLICY FOR RESEARCH PARTICIPANTS
CRITERIA RELATING TO RESEARCH INVOLVING EXCELSIOR COLLEGE ENROLLED OR PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS, FACULTY, STAFF OR ALUMNI
To minimize survey fatigue and the oversampling of prospective students, enrolled students, staff, faculty and alumni, and optimize the value of survey activities, the College has established a policy limiting the number of times annually that a student, staff member, faculty member, or alumnus may be included as a subject in a research study. Students may not be selected as a survey recipient/focus group attendee/interviewee more than once during a 90 day period and faculty and staff may not be selected as a survey recipient/focus group attendee/interviewee more than once within a 30 day period.
During the IRB review of research proposals involving prospective students, enrolled students, staff, faculty and alumni, consideration will be given to methods proposed by the researcher to minimize oversampling. In general, research involving members of these groups should use sampling methods rather than selecting entire populations as research subjects.
EXEMPTIONS TO THE OVERSAMPLING RESTRICTION
Research studies exempted from the oversampling restriction include course evaluations, workshop evaluations, examination surveys, service quality surveys issued by Analytics & Decision Support, research required to meet institutional or program accreditation expectations, research conducted by Excelsior College staff or faculty on individuals not affiliated with the College unless a review is requested by the researcher, and others deemed essential by the provost and chief academic officer.
CONTACT ANALYTICS & DECISION SUPPORT
Let us know if you:
- Have an issue or concern that you would like our Executive Committee to review for possible inclusion on an upcoming student survey
- Would like to know how the results of a specific survey are used and how you can find out about improvements based upon student feedback
- Have any questions about anonymity or confidentiality
- Have any general questions regarding one of our surveys or our research process
For queries about Student Feedback, please email email@example.com.