Although the scholarship resources listed here have been carefully selected, Excelsior College cannot predict the extent of success or benefits that will be realized by any given student from the use of such resources and does not guarantee or assume responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of the materials listed.
Business and Technology
- Scholarship Program for Marketing – An annual $5000 scholarship, which is available to college students of all majors who are enrolled or been accepted for enrollment as a full-time student at an accredited college or university within Australia, UK, United States of America, and Canada. Application Deadline is May 15th of each year. An essay and a video are required.
- Students enrolled (or enrolling) as full time student of accredited college/university within the U.S./ Canada, and Australia for completion of undergraduate degree in Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent field
- High school senior entering college, current college students, or graduate school
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.9 scale
- Should be permanent resident of the United States of America, Canada or Australia
- There should be no gap between Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program
- Have graduated from high school or secondary school or equivalent
- Have successfully completed at least one term of college or university courses following graduation from high school prior to applying
- 25 Scholarships Gateway from Black Excel – The Black Excel African American Student’s College Guide presents more than 350 scholarships including a How to Get the Money guide.
- FinAid – The Smart Student Guide to Financial Aid. Discover scholarships that match your profile.
- College Answer – This SallieMae site provides answers for college planning and paying for college.
- College Board Scholarship Search – This online tool will help you locate scholarships, internships, grants, and loans that match your education level, talents, and background.
- Coursey Enterprises Nursing Scholarship – Coursey Enterprises offers first-year nursing students a scholarship. This scholarship requires a 200-word essay on “Why I want to be a Nurse.” This scholarship also requires a picture of yourself when your essay is submitted.
- F.A. Davis Scholarship – F.A. Davis is offering scholarships to support those aspiring to work in health care. Applicant must be currently enrolled. GPA requirement of a 3.0 and above and an essay is required.
- Frontline Heroes Nursing Grant and National Healthcare Heroes Grant for Nurses – Bold.org is offering two, grant application opportunities for current and future nurses in any specialty. Both grants require an essay.
- NLN Foundation for Nursing Education Scholarships – The NLN Foundation for Nursing Education offers scholarships of up to $8,000 each year to support the NLN’s mission to build a strong and diverse nursing workforce to advance the health of the nation and the global community. These scholarships are awarded to nurses pursuing advanced degrees to further their career as full-time nurse educators. The funds are for master’s or doctoral students enrolled in accredited programs who have completed at least a year of their academic program. The NLN Foundation wants to encourage more experienced and ethnically diverse nurses to pursue advanced degrees to prepare for full-time positions as nurse educators.
- Aid and Resources for Re-entry Students – Back to College is an all-in-one, continually updated resource for adults returning to college.
- Black Excel Scholarship and Financial Aid Help – This is a listing of state-based resources for students.
- Coca-Cola Scholars Scholarships – This a major competition with over 250 awards going to scholars with academic, leadership, and talent qualities. The award amount is from $4,000 to $20,000.
- Human Resource Scholarship Program for USA & Canada Students – AIS Technolabs is offering a scholarship to students in a course related to Human Resources including business management, psychology, organization development, etc. This scholarship does require a written Thesis on “Ideal Sourcing Strategies that a recruiter can use.”
- Innovation in Education Scholarship – LA Tutors awards students who showcase their creativity and make positive impacts with a $500 Innovation in Education scholarship. This scholarship requires an essay describing the goal of a project and supporting documentation.
- Marc Zboch Academic Scholarship – Marc Zboch is offering currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to apply for a scholarship. This scholarship requires an essay. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2022.
- The Roothbert Scholarship Fund – The Roothbert Fund was created in 1958 by Albert and Toni Roothbert to help men and women in need of financial aid to further their education.
- Scholarship Program for Gaming Excellence for USA – Canada – Sprak Design offers a scholarship program for gaming excellence students in USA and Canada, helping students to save money on their tuition and fees. This scholarship requires submission of a creative project and a 250-word answer to 5 questions. Sprak Design is also offering nine other scholarships.
Veterans Administration Scholarship Program
Excelsior College works in collaboration with the Veterans Healthcare Administration to promote the retention and reduce the attrition rates of VA scholarship participants (nationwide) enrolled in a nursing program at Excelsior College. Specific program planning was introduced and an advisor assigned to work with students and their respective VA Program Coordinators. Specific program planning is in place and an advisor is assigned to work with students and their respective VA Program Coordinators.
There are two scholarships offered by the VA for enrolled Excelsior nursing students:
- Employee Incentive Scholarship Program (EISP) – This is for associate degree in nursing students. These students continue to work while earning their degree and have a maximum of 6 years to complete the program.
- National Nursing Education Initiative (NNEI) scholarship – This is for students enrolled in the RN-BS or MS in nursing degree programs. These students continue to work while earning their degree and have a maximum of 6 years to complete the program.
Criteria to Apply for a VA Scholarship
- Obtain approval from VA Program Coordinator.
- Work at a VA hospital or health care facility. Be or become an enrolled nursing student with Excelsior College.
Excelsior College’s Responsibilities
- Secure up-to-date Excelsior College Privacy Release forms.
- Create a Plan of Study for each VA Scholarship applicant; amend as needed.
- Complete Credit Verification worksheet for each VA Scholarship applicant; amend as needed.
- Request letters of enrollment from the Dean for VA scholarship applicants.
- Assist in resolving billing issues related to Excelsior College services provided to VA Scholarship students.
- Provide transcript evaluations for enrolled students and send a copy of the My Academic Plan to the student and their respective VA Program Coordinator at least once a semester.
- Provide written notification to the student about failing grades; suggest study strategies, Excelsior College resources.
- Maintain regular communication with students to update and monitor their academic plans and resolve any student issues.
- Notify VA Program Coordinator if student is not meeting their plan of study.
- Counsel prospective students about the nursing programs, degree requirements, and information about the VA scholarships and the application process.
- Work collaboratively with the Excelsior College advisor to encourage continued student engagement and progression.