Bachelors MBA Degrees | Dual Degrees | Business Degree - Accounting - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Accounting) / MBA Dual Degree Track
Bachelor's in Business (Accounting)/ MBA Dual Degree
One nationally recognized college. Two online business degrees. It all adds up to a powerful boost for your career and earning potential in accounting.
You can get these rewards via Excelsior College's Bachelor of Science in Business (Accounting) / MBA Dual Degree Track.
A national distance learning leader since 1971, Excelsior offers an online counterpart to an accounting BS / MBA degree—one designed to help working adults earn a dual business degree without sacrificing job, family, and community commitments.
You can complete Excelsior's online program more quickly and conveniently than a traditional BS / MBA accounting degree, while reaping the same benefits for your marketability and earning power.
A Short, Convenient Route to a BS / MBA Degree
Excelsior removes obstacles that can keep working adults from completing a dual BS/MBA degree. We do it by:
- Granting academic credit for previous college courses and for many types of job training, military experience, certificate programs, and other forms of non-classroom education. You may already have most of the credits you need for an accounting degree.
- Offering online accounting classes that you complete on your own schedule, at your own convenience.
- Providing access to cost-saving financial aid, flexible payment options, and other forms of assistance.
- Supporting you academically with an award-winning advising team.
Respected Degrees from an Accredited College
Excelsior stands out among online business colleges because we're an accredited institution. In addition, the BS in Business portion of the dual degree carries special accreditation from the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
Our online accounting classes are led by top faculty from leading business colleges around the country and reflect the latest professional trends. You'll gain advanced expertise in:
- Business and tax law
- Financial management and analysis
- Cost accounting and control
- Business ethics
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Excelsior College BS/MBA Dual Degree Program Outcomes
BS / MBA Dual Degree Credit Requirements
The BS/MBA program is offered in conjunction with the School of Business & Technology. The dual degree track requires a total of 150 credits. Students achieve graduate status after completion of the 6-credit bridge component. Students receive both their bachelor's and master's degrees after the 150 credits are completed.
Students completing the Bachelor in Science in Business to Master's in Business Administration degree program will have a foundational knowledge of business administration and strategic management, including competency in the following areas:
- Economics - Apply micro and macroeconomic concepts and theories to explain the relationship between legal, social, and economic interests of individuals and society.
- Accounting - Apply basic accounting concepts and principles to the analysis and interpretation of corporate financial statements.
- Marketing - Explain how modern marketing concepts and theories support and influence business strategies.
- Finance - Utilize financial management concepts and tools to make informed business decisions.
- Management - Apply the major concepts and theories of management and leadership in order to develop business strategies in a real-world context.
- Quantitative Analysis - Utilize quantitative research, statistics, and data analysis to analyze business data, support business decisions, and solve problems.
- Global - Analyze the opportunities and risks associated with doing business in a global environment.
- Ethics - Justify decisions by evaluating the social, ethical, and legal implications for business organizations.
- Communication - Effectively communicate business concepts orally and in writing to multiple audiences.
- Computer Skills - Utilize business computer applications and information technologies to organize and interpret business data and information.
- Teamwork/Cultural Diversity - Work effectively and collaboratively on diverse teams to complete projects on real-world scenarios.
- Critical Thinking - Employ critical thinking skills to interpret and analyze competing arguments and perspectives in a business environment.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College BSB to MBA program, you will be able to:
- Apply discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively, orally, and in writing in a professional business environment.
- Behave ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in your chosen career field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).