Bachelors MBA Degrees | Dual | Business – Management Human Resources - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Management of Human Resources) / MBA Dual Degree Track
Bachelor's in Business (Management of Human Resources)/ MBA Dual Degree
Human resources managers know better than anyone that good credentials will have a big impact on a candidate's resume.
Now there's a fast, affordable way to build your credentials for an HR management career: Get a Bachelor of Science in Business (Management of Human Resources) / MBA Dual Degree Track from Excelsior College.
Our online BS / MBA degree instantly puts you in the running for better HR management jobs and higher salaries. And Excelsior caters to working adults, the military community, and other nontraditional students. Our program fits in comfortably alongside your work and family routines.
A Shorter, More Flexible Path to a BS / MBA Degree
Excelsior reduces the distance to a BS / MBA degree by building on the knowledge you already have. In addition to transferring in credits from your previous colleges, you may be able to count military training or professional experience toward your BS / MBA degree.
That means you may have fewer human resource management classes to take—and you'll have greater control over when you take them. Under Excelsior's online model, you'll complete coursework on your own schedule, not ours. And you'll do it at the lowest possible cost.
An Online BS / MBA Degree with On-Campus Quality
Excelsior's online human resources management classes meet the same high academic standards that apply to traditional HR management degree programs. Our courses are led by faculty from top U.S. business schools and cover the most up-to-date issues in HR management, including:
- Labor relations
- Organizational behavior
- Personnel administration
- Cultural diversity
- Labor law
- Business communications
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Excelsior College BS/MBA Dual Degree Program Outcomes
BS / MBA Dual Degree Credit Requirements
The BS/MBA program is offered in conjunction with the School of Business & Technology. The dual degree track requires a total of 150 credits. Students achieve graduate status after completion of the 6-credit bridge component. Students receive both their bachelor's and master's degrees after the 150 credits are completed.
Students completing the Bachelor in Science in Business to Master's in Business Administration degree program will have a foundational knowledge of business administration and strategic management, including competency in the following areas:
- Economics - Apply micro and macroeconomic concepts and theories to explain the relationship between legal, social, and economic interests of individuals and society.
- Accounting - Apply basic accounting concepts and principles to the analysis and interpretation of corporate financial statements.
- Marketing - Explain how modern marketing concepts and theories support and influence business strategies.
- Finance - Utilize financial management concepts and tools to make informed business decisions.
- Management - Apply the major concepts and theories of management and leadership in order to develop business strategies in a real-world context.
- Quantitative Analysis - Utilize quantitative research, statistics, and data analysis to analyze business data, support business decisions, and solve problems.
- Global - Analyze the opportunities and risks associated with doing business in a global environment.
- Ethics - Justify decisions by evaluating the social, ethical, and legal implications for business organizations.
- Communication - Effectively communicate business concepts orally and in writing to multiple audiences.
- Computer Skills - Utilize business computer applications and information technologies to organize and interpret business data and information.
- Teamwork/Cultural Diversity - Work effectively and collaboratively on diverse teams to complete projects on real-world scenarios.
- Critical Thinking - Employ critical thinking skills to interpret and analyze competing arguments and perspectives in a business environment.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College BSB to MBA program, you will be able to:
- Apply discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively, orally, and in writing in a professional business environment.
- Behave ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in your chosen career field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).