Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree - Finance | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Finance) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (Finance)
Are you making the most of the assets in your educational portfolio? Apply your past educational achievements to the competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Finance) at Excelsior College.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your BS in Business with finance concentration through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in finance, business, and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Designed for working adults looking to get ahead in their careers, this online bachelor's in business program concentrating in finance culminates in a capstone in which you'll demonstrate your knowledge through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
Earn your degree from an accredited college in a way that fits with your life, your budget, and your career goals.
- Take flexible, online finance classes that fit your schedule.
- Transfer more credits to lower your costs and shorten the path to your finance-focused BS in Business.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance that helps make college more affordable.
- Earn a business degree that's accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
A Traditional Business Degree for Nontraditional Students
Excelsior's business concentration in finance is tailored to meet the needs of career changers, military veterans, and other nontraditional students who need to fit school with work and family commitments. But you'll get the same rigor and academic quality that you'd find in an on-campus finance degree program, with first-rate faculty and coursework that covers the most current trends in the finance industry.
Take finance degree courses in subjects such as:
- Financial markets
- Commercial banking
- Real estate
- Corporate finance
- Risk assessment
- International finance
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Business Credit Requirements
BS in Business Credit Requirements
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 51 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 9 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course.
Students completing the Bachelor in Science in Business degree program will have a foundational knowledge of business administration and strategic management, including competency in the following areas:
- Economics - Apply micro and macroeconomic concepts and theories to explain the relationship between legal, social, and economic interests of individuals and society.
- Accounting - Apply basic accounting concepts and principles to the analysis and interpretation of corporate financial statements.
- Marketing - Explain how modern marketing concepts and theories support and influence business strategies.
- Finance - Utilize financial management concepts and tools to make informed business decisions.
- Management - Apply the major concepts and theories of management and leadership in order to develop business strategies in a real-world context.
- Quantitative Analysis - Utilize quantitative research, statistics, and data analysis to analyze business data, support business decisions, and solve problems.
- Global - Analyze the opportunities and risks associated with doing business in a global environment.
- Ethics - Justify decisions by evaluating the social, ethical, and legal implications for business organizations.
- Communication - Effectively communicate business concepts orally and in writing to multiple audiences.
- Computer Skills - Utilize business computer applications and information technologies to organize and interpret business data and information.
- Teamwork/Cultural Diversity - Work effectively and collaboratively on diverse teams to complete projects on real-world scenarios.
- Critical Thinking - Employ critical thinking skills to interpret and analyze competing arguments and perspectives in a business environment.
Review the student learning outcomes
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in a professional business environment.
- Behave ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in one’s chosen career field.
BSB Finance Concentration Outcomes
Finance Concentration Objectives
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate with a concentration in Finance, you will be able to:
- Describe managerial functions within global financial markets and banking institutions.
- Integrate effective strategies for improving the financial management of domestic and foreign corporations.
- Evaluate organizational financial risks through securities and portfolio analysis.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation: Intro
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Rd., Lenexa, KS 66215; 913-631-3009; www.iacbe.org. The IACBE is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).