Bachelors Degrees | Business Degree - Marketing | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Business Programs
Bachelor of Science in Business (Marketing) w/ CBE
Bachelor's in Business (Marketing)
The competency-based Bachelor of Science in Business (Marketing) at Excelsior College has so many advantages, it practically sells itself. Find out what sets our program apart from other online marketing degree programs.
A national leader in adult education, Excelsior lets you build on what you know in this competency-based online business program that draws on your prior education and experience.
Competency-based education (CBE) at Excelsior allows you to earn your bachelor's in business with marketing concentration through a personalized program of study that combines course-based learning, independent study, and earned external credits.
- Course-based learning refers to Excelsior's 8 or 15-week online courses in marketing and other subjects that are directly informed by current trends in workforce development.
- Independent study options help you pursue self-paced learning with study guides and practice tests before earning credit by exam. You can also simply test out of subjects you've already mastered.
- Earned external credits are accrued through coursework completed at other institutions, military experience, college-level exams like CLEP and DSST, learning assessment, and workforce training and professional certifications completed before and/or during your enrollment.
Meet your degree requirements in whatever combination of options works best for you, then take the capstone in which your business and marketing skills are evaluated through projects, simulations, and a summative exam.
Directly aligned with current industry trends, this online bachelor's in business provides the same academic quality that you'd find in a traditional on-campus marketing degree program, and is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education.
- Take flexible, online marketing classes that fit your schedule.
- Transfer more credits to lower your costs and shorten the path to your BS in Business.
- Receive more credit for job experience, professional certifications, and military service.
- Access financial aid, flexible payment plans, and other assistance that makes college more affordable.
- Enjoy budget-friendly tuition and fees and flexible payment plans that lower your college costs.
An Online Business Degree that Can Boost Your Marketing Career
Excelsior's online marketing classes are led by expert faculty from top colleges and universities across the nation. You'll gain skills that you can use immediately upon entering the workforce, in subjects such as:
- Market research
- Consumer behavior
- Trend analysis and forecasting
- Advertising and promotion
- Brand management
- Market information analysis
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS in Business Credit Requirements
BS in Business Credit Requirements
120 credits required. 60 in the arts and sciences, 51 in the business component (to include a minimum of 21 at the upper level of which 9 must be in the concentration), and 9 in the additional credit component (to include the 1-credit Information Literacy requirement).
Courses classified as upper level must be junior-senior level (300 - 400) and can be classified as a business core, concentration, and/or business elective course.
Students completing the Bachelor in Science in Business degree program will have a foundational knowledge of business administration and strategic management, including competency in the following areas:
- Economics - Apply micro and macroeconomic concepts and theories to explain the relationship between legal, social, and economic interests of individuals and society.
- Accounting - Apply basic accounting concepts and principles to the analysis and interpretation of corporate financial statements.
- Marketing - Explain how modern marketing concepts and theories support and influence business strategies.
- Finance - Utilize financial management concepts and tools to make informed business decisions.
- Management - Apply the major concepts and theories of management and leadership in order to develop business strategies in a real-world context.
- Quantitative Analysis - Utilize quantitative research, statistics, and data analysis to analyze business data, support business decisions, and solve problems.
- Global - Analyze the opportunities and risks associated with doing business in a global environment.
- Ethics - Justify decisions by evaluating the social, ethical, and legal implications for business organizations.
- Communication - Effectively communicate business concepts orally and in writing to multiple audiences.
- Computer Skills - Utilize business computer applications and information technologies to organize and interpret business data and information.
- Teamwork/Cultural Diversity - Work effectively and collaboratively on diverse teams to complete projects on real-world scenarios.
- Critical Thinking - Employ critical thinking skills to interpret and analyze competing arguments and perspectives in a business environment.
Review the student learning outcomes
We expect that as an Excelsior College baccalaureate business graduate you will be able to:
- Apply discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve business problems.
- Demonstrate a desire and commitment to remain current with and adaptive to changing business conditions through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent and critical thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional business environment.
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in a professional business environment.
- Behave ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Demonstrate and utilize leadership principles in one’s chosen career field.
BSB Marketing Concentration Outcomes
Marketing Concentration Objectives
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level business graduate with a concentration in Marketing, you will be able to:
- Describe marketing activities and strategies that are used to shift products and services from vendors to consumers in the retail and wholesale markets.
- Integrate marketing research to forecast trends of products and service to analyze the international and domestic markets.
- Evaluate consumer behavior and promotional policy and determine any ethical implications.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Business Accreditation shared block
SPECIALIZED ACCREDITATION for Business Degrees
The School of Business and Technology at Excelsior College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through th International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. Review the list of Excelsior business programs and degrees accredited by the IACBE.