Posting Credits to the Official Transcript
Statement of Policy
Excelsior University’s support of lifelong learning includes a method to record and report a student’s accumulated college credit on a single transcript. The final record of credits applied to the degree will be approved by the Board of Trustees at degree conferral and becomes the body of the student's official transcript.
- Excelsior University sources of credit must be listed on the transcript and cannot be removed.
- Students have 30 calendar days from the completion of the official initial evaluation to contact Excelsior to request changes they want to make to the official evaluation, such as removing non-Excelsior course work. After the 30 calendar days, students may not request changes to the credit applied to their degree program. If the student agrees with the official evaluation and does not wish to make changes, no further action is required.
- Only credits applied toward the Excelsior University degree are listed in the body of the transcript.
- Previously awarded credit will not be removed from Excelsior University transcripts if students re-enroll for additional degrees.
- After degree conferral, additional credits submitted may not be used to replace credits used to complete degree requirements, nor can additional degree components, such as a concentration or major, be added.
- Non-Applicable Transcript Section Requests: Graduates and enrolled degree program students have the option to request the addition of non-Excelsior college-level credits to the non-applicable section of the official transcript. Only college-level credit from the list of approved sources of credit will be considered. The addition of this credit will not affect the EC or Overall GPA or Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements. Once credits are added to the transcript they may not be removed.
Process and Fees for Adding Credit to the Non-Applicable Section
|Student Status and Source of Credit||Request
|Transcript Update Fee Required*|
|Enrolled||Submit signed request to Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|Specialist approved for graduation up until two weeks before degree conferral for external credit||Submit signed request to Office of the Registrar at email@example.com||No|
|Specialist approved for graduation less than 14 days before degree conferral for external credit||Submit signed request to Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org||No|
|Graduates||Submit signed request to Office of the Registrar at email@example.com||Yes|
|Specialist approved for graduation - Excelsior University source of credit||No request needed; Excelsior sources of credit completed after the student is approved for graduation are automatically listed on the transcript in the non-applicable section.||No|
|Graduates - Excelsior University source of credit||No request needed; Excelsior sources of credit completed after the student graduates are automatically listed on the transcript in the non-applicable section.||No|
*Note – Student must pay a transcript request fee for each official transcript requests.