Student Complaint Policy

Students may file a formal complaint in writing with the academic dean (or designee) who will investigate the complaint and take action. Complaints are defined as any student concern regarding College programs, services, or staff other than those addressed by institutional appeal policies.

  1. Students will be instructed to submit their complaints in writing and forward them to the dean of their academic program or to the ombudsperson.
  2. The dean or designee will investigate the complaint, take appropriate action and respond to the student within 30 days. A record of the student complaint will be placed in the student file and noted on the SIS activity log.

Notification to Accrediting Agency
If the student has exhausted all options to resolve a complaint within the College, the student may file a written complaint with the College’s accrediting agency, the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Complaints to the Commission must be in writing and signed by the complainant. They should be sent to:

Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-2680

Notification to State Authorities
A student may also file a complaint with the appropriate state agency within the state in which the student resides. To access contact information for the appropriate state agency go to the Consumer Complaint page.